Thursday, August 16, 2012

{Homemade Larabars}

As many of you may know, I am somewhat of a health freak. Just a bit. Kind of. Anyways, Larabars are one of my favourite snacks because they are all natural, use organic ingredients and taste delicious! When I was browsing the web the other day I found this awesome recipe to make my own, so I had to try it. This recipe is for Mocha Chocolate Larabars, but feel free to play with the flavours and see what you can come up with!
These taste just like the real thing (maybe even better!) just make sure to get high quality ingredients :)

Ingredients:
1/2 cup almonds
1/2 cup walnuts
1 1/4 cup packed organic dates (pitted)
3 tbsp unsweetened coco powder (i used dark chocolate powder! yum)
1 tsp instant coffee
1.5 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup chocolate chips


To Make:
Add nuts and dates to a food processor and blend well. Then ass in coco powder, coffee, vanilla, and chocolate chips until the consistency is moldable. Remove from the food processor and mold into whatever shapes you want! 

Store them in the fridge and wait about two hours before you try your first one! 

Easy as that! 


Hope you enjoy them as much as I did! Definitely going to become a staple in my house :) Let me know if you like them/what flavours you come up with!

6 comments:

  1. these are awesome, haley! larabars are yum. i love how you packaged them too (looks better than their packaging haha)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jennifer--lovely packaging. Thanks for the recipe, I've wanted to make my own bars but haven't gotten around to finding a recipe yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, these sound like the perfect thing to make. I too love how you packaged them, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I've never heard of larabars but I might just have to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this idea! Looks so healthy, too. might just be my new grab-and-go breakfast! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete