Monday, March 12, 2012

{exciting news!}

I forgot to tell you all that I have some exciting plans for this summer. I will be going to Kenya with some family friends, Rick and Diana. I will be working alongside them on their project The Children of Promise. There will also be about 4 other interns. I am so excited that I have this opportunity. Rick and Diana are such wonderful people and I can not wait to spend the summer working with them. We met Rick and Diana when we lived in Venezuela. They work on so many cool projects all over the world. I definitely recommend checking out their website.
This trip is going to be such a neat experience. The work I will be doing this summer is what I have always thought that I want to do in the future so it will be a good taste tester.

Hope you are having a great day! Anyone already planning there summer? What do you want to do?
P.S. Prepare yourself for the pictures to come this summer.
Einer von vielen GrĂ¼nden nach Kenya zu reisen
Credits to Christian Buehrle for the photo. Check out his stuff on flickr, and click through for the link as always!

10 comments:

  1. Kenya! How exciting! I'm actually going to Kenya next year in May and can't wait. One of my friends I met in Delhi is from there and will be home in 2013...so a bunch of us girls who all met in Delhi decided we'll all meet up again in Kenya. So looking forward to it!

    So great that you also get to do some good while there! Thanks for your comment on my blog, I look forward to reading some of your archives!

    www.chronicledblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How cool! Can't wait to read your posts about it :) What a fun place to meet up!
      No problem, and thanks!

      xxx

      Delete
  2. when you make a button- I will gladly post it on my blog! Let me know, so we can do a button exchange. Or let me know when you post my button on your page, so I can mention your cute blog in a post of mine. Either way! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Just made a button, it is on my side bar! going to go grab yours now :)
      xxx

      Delete
  3. and p.s. KENYA!? ah! I am so envious of your fun exciting life. And your travels of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) It is pretty exciting, but your seems like fun too!

      Delete
  4. I'm so excited for you! I just checked out the Children of Promise website, seems like they do some good stuff!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is really cool - congratulations on the opportunity. I just got into the nonprofit industry and it really is a fascinating place to learn and work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That is really exciting where are you starting to work?

      Delete