Friday, June 3, 2011

{roasted red pepper hummus}

After my last post, my mom and I decided we should prepare more food for the party. Trying out a new recipie at 10:30 isn't exactly the best idea. My mom has been wanting to try to make hummus instead of buy it, save money etc.. So we whip out the chick peas, spices and olive oil and get to work. Problem, we have no food processor (which is basically stated in most recipies). A blender will work just fine, right? WRONG. Blenders do nothing. I joke around with my mom saying that Walmart is 24 hours and to my surprise she says, LETS GO. Obviously she really wanted to finish that hummus. To de-stress, I put on "I Will Learn To Love Again" by Kaci on in the car and we have a car dancing/ singing sesh that was much needed. That song is always perfect to listen to. Go ahead, click it, you know you want to. We are on a mission for a food processor and nothing will stop us. By the way, I am actually really excited about this food processor because i love love love to cook and have been wanting one for quite awhile. (I have been telling my mom this for a while, :) love you mom!
Once we got back home, we got to making the hummus. We made 3 batches, which filled a whole popcorn bowl. SO MUCH HUMMUS. Anyone want to come over and have some? So good.
Anyways, I had a lot of fun :)

Photobucket
i love this lady. she's pretty cool :)

And for those of you who like to cook, I will post the recipie tomorrow! Too tired to post it tonight.

Photobucket

P.S. still working on getting the pictures to fit correctly. ugh so annoying.

0 comments:

Post a Comment