Saturday, June 11, 2011

{summerfest day 1}

Finally, i have time to post my summerfest experience! Well here it goes, this is just day one, another post will have day two adventures! After my grad party, my friend Katelin and I drove downtown to Eleanor Tinsley Park. We get there mid afternoon so it was so hot. Like pouring sweat, i need ice all over me, get me in a pool kind of hot. But thats what festivals are all about right? SNOWCONES. Ok, not really, they are more about the music but being with sweaty people (being in close contact none the less) really brings people together. There weren't too many bands I wanted to see on Saturday but the whole atmosphere of the festival is fun. So many like minded people who enjoy the same things as you! So wonderful :)

We ended up watching Beirut and Tobacco and another random band that I can't remember the name of. But all the bands we saw had such talent, so if you haven't heard either of them check them out! Beirut is more calming while Tobacco is great dance/workout music. I definitely like concerts where I can just dance around and feel the music. Calm concerts aren't as much fun to me.


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Sorry for all the pictures, I just had so many to share with you! Day two will be much less picture intensive. We also danced with "Happy" who is basically the summerfest mascot. He is the most wonderful, and amazingly happy guy. He just hugs everyone and loves being around people and the music. Plus the car at the top is part of an exhibit i guess. They had several art cars out and about throughout the festival. I personally liked that one! Anyone at a good festival now, hint Bonnaroo hint?? If anyone reading this is at/ reads this after Bonnaroo PLEASE TELL ME ALL ABOUT IT.

0 comments:

Post a Comment