I love cooking dinner for other people. I don't know why but its just so entertaining and fun to plan a meal, cook it and serve it. Although I do not know if people like being my guinea pigs for my vegetarian dishes :) Thanks mom and dad! Love you both!
This meal is super easy to make so here you go:
- You will need:
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
Pre-heat oven to 350.
In a large nonstick skillet, saute the onion, celery, green pepper, mushrooms in oil until tender.
Add garlic and cook for 1 min. longer.
Stir in the tomatoes, water, rice, soy sauce, parsley, salt, paprika, cayenne, chili powder and pepper.
Transfer to a 2-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
It is SOOOO good. Let me know if you try it or change it up or anything! feedback people, feedback!