Tonight, my mom and i made vegetarian lasagna. I am the only veggie in my family but they are good sports and try out new things with me :) (they normally end up loving them + i only like to cook healthy things). but back to the lasagna. it was delish. for real, everyone must try this stuff. its actually quite healthy too! only 190 calories per serving. now thats what i call lasagna.
You will need:
- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (15 ounces) Hunt’s® Tomato Sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried basil, thyme and pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
Cook the noodles as directed on package.
Saute the onion, celery and garlic in a large skillet.
Then add the mushroom and cook for 2-3 min. longer.
Stir in tomato sauce, tomato paste, sugar and seasonings. Simmer for 10 min.
Mix cottage cheese, the egg, salt and parsley in a small bowl.
Spread 1/2 cup of the sauce in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with four noodles, half of the cottage cheese mixture, half of the spinach, a third of the remaining sauce and a third of the mozzarella. Repeat layers.
Top with remaining noodles, sauce, mozzarella and Parmesan. Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer. Let lasagna stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
& there you have it! a great meal :) let me know what you think!